Fair & ethical marketing to older audiences
Download the presentation here (Members only)
View the webinar here
This 45 minute training webinar took place on 2 March 2022 and was attended by 30 of our members. It was led by our training specialist Jane Silk and was based on the Silver Marketing Association Guiding Principles that older people are equal members of society and should not be subject to ageist attitudes, stereotyping or conduct. And that people whose job it is to market to older people should be understanding and respectful of their needs.
Responsible organisations have a key role to play in identifying and protecting older people when they market to them and interact with them. At a time when scamming, fraud and unethical practices are rising, customers need to be able to turn to organisations they have complete confidence in and can fully trust.
Outline content of the webinar
- The myths about the market
- Sentiment analysis: understanding the psychology of ageing and how it affects communications.
- Exploring the mature market mind-sets and improving performance through more effective marketing communications.
- Overcoming stereotypical thinking
- Learn the specific tools and techniques for reaching the different audience groups
- Learn what typically alienates mature customers
- Explore the ways to segment this market and learn the benefits it will bring to your sales
- Identify your mature customers’ diverse needs, wants and motivations and examine how the market segments itself
- Understand different group personas and their different customer journeys
- Use market intelligence and customers insights to help define your segment profiles and future marketing activity
- How to “age-proof” your communications
Jane Silk MCIM, MA (Marketing)