Welcome to the Silver Marketing Association
There are now more people in the UK aged over 60 than there are under 18, and the number of over 65s is the largest it has ever been at 11 million – almost one in five of the population.
This growing sector is highly influential. Today’s over-60s are a diverse bunch. Some are still in employment, some are starting new businesses, some are in different stages of retirement; but they are more adventurous, more tech-savvy, and more financially aware than previous generations. They spend money on leisure and travel, on hobbies, gadgets and health care.
However, marketers are predominantly young and tend to ignore, misunderstand or misrepresent this growing audience that no longer conforms to outmoded assumptions and stereotypes. The IPA estimates that just 5.5% of people working in UK agencies are aged 50+. The average age is 33, and it has remained like this for the last decade.
At the Silver Marketing Association we promote best practice marketing, arrange virtual and live networking events and invest in relevant research and data, as well as providing a range of marketing services. Communicating effectively to this diverse and complex audience is where we can help professional marketers of all ages.
We are passionate about ethical marketing to the older demographic, and campaign against injustice or inequality. We strive to be a public voice and to offer a shared platform for our members.
- Being part of a trusted network and shared voice
- Access to exclusive member resource area, including research, data, industry reports, presentations and videos
- Members’ monthly newsletter – the Silver Bulletin
- Regular webinars, training sessions & masterclasses
- Priority access & discounted tickets to the Silver Marketing Summit as well as exclusive access to the presentations and videos from the event
- Exclusive use of the Silver Marketing Association Member logo
- Free access to Experian data platform and consultation
- Free standard access to JICMail
- Access to Government through our attendance at the Genesis Initiative and Bank of England meetings to raise issues on your behalf
- Free HR Helpline
Together we are stronger ! Find out more about becoming a member today.
This took place on 28th June 2022 at The Cavendish Centre, London W1, and the 2023 Summit will take place on Tuesday June 27th at the same venue.
We are delighted that Mail Metro Media were Headline Sponsors for our Summit this year, attended by over 100 delegates in person, as well as virtual delegates as far afield as the Netherlands and the United States.
The Silver Marketing Summit has taken over from the Mature Marketing Summit, firmly established as Europe’s leading conference focused on the “silver” market – offering marketers the opportunity to enjoy a full day of expert speakers and networking sessions. This is a must-attend event for those wanting to tap into this increasingly important sector.
Speakers at the 2022 summit included Google, Channel 4, Global, Accord Marketing, Saga Magazine, Noon, Centre for Ageing Better, Pure Retirement, Senior Response, Unbiased, and Silver Magazine.
Watch the Summit Videos
SAVE THE DATE – 27th June 2023!
Become a part of our community of businesses and individuals who share an interest in marketing to the silver sector.
Webinars and Events
From our annual summit to webinars and masterclasses, members can now watch on-demand. There's a lot going on!